In the next version of VIBlend Controls for Silverlight, we
will introduce a new control - Silverlight ChildWindow. The ChildWindow control
allows you to direct a user’s attention to a particular activity in your
application such as entering data or viewing information. This new control
resembles a standard Window and can be displayed in a modal or non-modal popup.
When the control is displayed in a modal mode, the interaction with the
underlying user interface is blocked.
- Animated Open and Close Effects - the window is
opened and closed with a smooth animation.
- Resizing Support - users can choose to drag
edges to resize the window.
- Modal Mode - when the window is opened in a
modal mode, the end-users cannot access any part of the interface outside of
- Non-Modal Mode - this mode enables the end-users
to access the application's user interface.
- Startup Position - you can choose the window's
startup position. By default, the window is started at the application's
- Minimized and Maximized states - the window can
be maximized or minimized similar to the standard Windows.
- Application Boundaries Detection - end-users
cannot drag or resize the window outside of the application's boundaries.